Thursday, April 30, 2015

Mothersday Giftspiration


Photos: Sally Melville

I've been thinking about this design, L'Enveloppe, for a little while, it's been in the back of my mind since I came across it in a search on Ravelry. Since I discovered it I've been seeing it in the flesh (or fibre, to be accurate). It looks good on everyone, and everyone who makes it is happy with it! That's what I like to hear! It's written with several features:

  • 5 sizes: S = 32-34”, M = 36-38”, L = 40-42”, 1X = 44-46”, 2X = 48-50”.
  • 4 different stitch gauges available (13, 14, 15, and 16 stitches to 4” /10cm)
  • 2 stitch patterns available (seed stitch or easier garter stitch)

The designer, Sally Melville, is extremely experienced, and her directions are always great (she's a wonderful instructor, I love her books). The pattern isn't free, but I think it is very worthwhile, and once people see your Enveloppe you'll be receiving requests for more (a good holiday gift?). I think I will make one for my mom with Noro Tokonatsu  or  Noro Silk Garden Solo, but there are lots of options.

Yarn Ideas


Photo: ZeeKnitting


No comments:

Blog Archive