more colours in Mission Falls 1824 superwash merino wool
Friday, June 30, 2006
The Mission Falls 1824 superwash merino wool has arrived and I am a VERY happy camper! MF has a new mill, a local Canadian enterprise and i'm thr2illed 'cause they got it soooooo right!
It's really soft and squishy, a lot like the Filatura Di Crosa Primo or Needful Cucciolo, but much more affordable at only $6 a ball. Mission Falls has a hoarde of great, affordable pattern books, but I love, love, love that they yarn also substitutes for a zillion different patterns (think debbie bliss cashmerino aran, but 4 bucks cheaper!) that call for a worsted or aran weight.
I don't think all the colours have arrived, I don't seen any of the browns, but there's a good chunk represented, and the rest will be along soon. I just unpacked it but I think i'm going to have to re-order. I haven't received the new Mission Falls book yet either ... but they're coming!
Tuesday, June 27, 2006
Thursday, June 22, 2006
Brand New kit, unique to Knit-o-matic!
Crochet Shopping Bag Kits, $17 for Solid Colours, $18 for multi Colours. Kit includes 2 balls Crystal palace Deco Ribbon and pattern (hook sold separately).
Please note, this pattern is sold as a kit and is not available on it's own.
Wednesday, June 21, 2006
Tuesday, June 20, 2006
Finally, we will be open on Mondays, starting June 26th. This is a permanent change and we will continue to be open on Mondays next fall. Additionally, over the summer we will be closed on Sundays from June 25th to Labour Day, September 3rd. Don’t fret, you’ll be at the cottage anyway!
Street Knit Project
If you haven’t already heard of it, the Street Knit Project endeavours to put nimble fingers to work making warm winter knitwear for people who live on
· Knit-O-Matic is a designated drop off zone for your donated knitwear (if you would like to donate yarn to the project we will accept that also).
· We are distributing donated yarn for your Street Knit Projects.
· If you’d like to make something for Street Knit but don’t know how to knit feel free to stop by on our regular Stitch ‘N Bitch night (every Wednesday from to , we’re fully and thankfully air conditioned) and we’ll be happy to teach you how!
· I am henceforth committing my knitting time every Stitch ‘N Bitch to making a project for Street Knit.
Friday, June 16, 2006
New patterns are availble in store from Kitting Pure and Simple. KPS patterns are basics that will work with any type of yarn to make a beautiful garment. for women, men & children. These are classics you'll keep using and wearing over & over for years, guaranteed.
Greetings from the Knit Cafe is from the same publisher who brought you Weekend Knitting, Last Minute Knitted Gifts, Loop-D-Loop and Knitting Nature. It is a great new book from former CBS vice president and current the owner of the Knit Cafe in Los Angeles, Suzan Mischer. The patterns are beautiful and great for all kinds of weather, but especially good for the warm stuff. This book will inspire you to knit this summer and every spring & summer after! Plus it's gogeous and is just a happy thing to look at while you're on the john or before you go to bed.
Thursday, June 15, 2006
- Knitters Review is back from the big semi-annual craft yarn show (the TNNA) and they've got the scoop on whats going to be on the market. (Incidentally, I hear there was much agog over Clover's new battery operated knitting needles which are illuminated at the tips for easier knitting in low light. What will they think of next?!)
- The new Yarn Market News just arrived and is online. Their industry related marketing articles likely won't capture your imagination, but they've got lots of new styles, products & trends.
Wednesday, June 14, 2006
- AlternaCrafts: a great new book from the bestest of the big publishers Stewart Tabori & Chang. Really great for kids & teens this summer (well, any holiday) or anyone who's a child at heart. Low skill level required, low financial investment, INSTANT GRATIFICATION OVER & OVER & OVER AGAIN. My favourite projects: skully t-shirt, potato-print linens, shaggy rug, skants (skirts that were once pants), & a hat reincarnated from a deconstructed sweater.
- New Stuff on SALE: check out our great deals of soft & luxurious cashmeres, wools, merinos and more
Friday, June 02, 2006
Basic Ribbed Socks
you can't beat the basics, especially when it comes to socks.
Cleo Felted Clutch
fashion literally at your fingertips. don't believe me? check it out!
Licorice Bullet Lace Skirt
yeah, i know. the name is gross. just ignore the nomenclature 'cause it's a gorgeous lace skirt!
i know, they're mittens, and it's June. but i'll tell ya' something - last year one of my customers started her x-mas knitting in june. we all thought she was crazy. but she got to enjoy making her gifts and still got to make her own things in-between. By November she was finished and we were all whining about having to make crash holiday gifts. Not only that, her friends & family really LOVED their gifts because there was such a long lead-up to them and she got to get their input on what they really wanted and liked. Thankfully she isn't a smug person.
Thursday, June 01, 2006
New Colours of FABLE BABY ALPACA!!
Mmmmmmm ... Yum! But what to do, what to do? Well, anything that calls for 3mm to 4.5mm needles will work with FABLE. Or you can check out their FREE patterns on the FABLE HANDKNIT website. I want FABLE socks!
addenda - next day
oh! yum! the new colours are soooo gorgeous! i unpacked the FABLE and it is so beautiful! i can't stop looking at it. i want to get another bag of each colour so i can loviongly gaze at more of it on the wall. Andrea (FABLE creator) has outdone herself this time, and I hear I'm the first to have the new colours too. they are happy, subtle, simple but sophisticated, and all of them are right-on the mark. people can't stop toughing them either. tee-hee! i love baby alpaca, it's like poor-man's cashmere. Ha-ha! it's ghetto cashmere! :-) except i wish cashmere came in these colours! whatever, for ten bucks a skein, this rocks my world! I'm gonna go back to staring at it with unabashed desrire ..... i think i want to sleep with it.
- ► 2014 (73)
- ► 2013 (62)
- ► 2012 (104)
- ► 2011 (103)
- ► 2010 (150)
- ► 2009 (70)
- ► 2008 (69)
- ► 2007 (64)
- ▼ June (14)
- ► 2005 (366)