Thursday, October 03, 2013

Some Recent Store Samples




This hat looks great, I'm so happy with hour it turned out. I think I'll turn the buttons around, they're a bit shiny for my taste. Liane says this pattern knit up beautifully in Berroco Vintage Chunky.




I don't think this hat is quite suited for me, but the yarn is GORGEOUS! 
  • FREE pattern via Ravelry
  • 1 skein Malabrigo Worsted, colour 626 navidad
  • 3.75m-16" circular needles
  • 4.5mm-16" circular needles + double pointed needles



I made this one for the hell of it - I think it would be great for people with big heads & lots of hair (dreads especially). The yarn is super-duper soft & airy - a very atypically friendly mohair. 
  • Pattern from Berroco no. 339
  • 1 skein Berroco Cirrus, colour 2510 grand canyon
  • 4.5mm-16" circular needles
  • 6mm-16" circular needles + double pointed needles



Basic Slouchy Hat
Liane whipped this simple hat up for our classes. 







  • 2 skeins Schulana Angora Fashion
  • 5.5mm-16" circular & double pointed needles
  • Pattern is published in Vogue Knitting Holiday 2008, the book Hattitude, and is available as a PDF download for $5. It's a basic slouchy toque, you could use any pattern, I cast on 66 sts and knit it from the bottom-up - see my Ravelry notes




I really, really, really like this hat. It looks great on my little head and i think it'll also look great on all sizes. It was easy, fast, and it looks great - I'm going to make it my go-to fall hat. The yarn is really cool, it has a core of silver wrapped in an outer layer of super soft cotton-candy-esque baby alpaca & merino. My photo does not do it justice.










No comments:

Blog Archive