Wednesday, October 09, 2013

NEW Ultra Alpaca Light



Berroco Ultra Alpaca Light
This yarn is one of my all time favourites. I feel that hyperbole and exclamation marks would diminish my sincerity, I really adore it. It looks normal, but it's not, when it's knit up it has a remarkable, stretchy quality and an incredible memory. It also doesn't drape like most other alpacas, it stands up and holds it's shape like a brand new pair of boobs. I like it for accessories, but swear by it for sweaters - especially anything fitted or with little or no ease. The texture is slightly fuzzy, it doesn't pill as much as other yarns, and when it does it isn't extremely noticeable and it's really easy to remove. All of the above makes for a very wearable garment, which I like if I'm putting the time & energy into making one by hand. I made a turtleneck with it last winter, wore the hell out of it, and I've been planning on making a Wulfenite with it this fall/winter. 
  • 50% super fine alpaca, 50% peruvian wool
  • 50g/133m
  • 3.75mm needles
  • 23 sts & 32 rows = 4"/10cm
  • made in Peru
  • see the colours HERE
  • see more patterns from Berroco using this yarn HERE
  • $7.97/skein





Autumnal Cardigan






Snowbird





Larch Cardigan












  • 9 to 14 skeins Berroco Ultra Alpaca Light
  • 4mm needles (see pattern for details & check your needles)
  • pattern available as a download for $5.95 HERE
  • picture by AshleyTree
  • note: this pattern looks like it is designed to fit loose






From Norway with Love





Some Cloudy Day




  • 1 skein of Berroco Ultra Alpaca Light in each colour
  • 3.25mm or 3.5mm or 3.75mm double pointed needles
  • pattern available as a download for $5.95 HERE




Susie's Reading Mitts





No comments:

Blog Archive