Friday, November 12, 2004
a. you're not feeling very creative just now
b. you're too busy to dwell on design issues
c. you've an urban dweller but you've never been creative
d. you want something fast & easy
no problemo! Knitomatic giftmas kits are in development & hitting the floor in all shapes & sizes:
- Luxurious Mix & Match scarves combining different yummy yarns will bring out your
inner yorkville artiste.
- Mens Scarves: black & grey & beyond! From conservative to sophisticated to playful,
colour combinations are made easy with clear & easy instructions on how to make stripes work
Thursday, November 11, 2004
Adult Small(Medium, Large)
Finished circumference: 20(21, 22) inches
• 1 skein Lamb’s Pride Bulky (114m/$10)
• 6.5mm/40cm circular needles (7mm if you're a tight knitter)
• stitch marker
• 2 skeins Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Super Chunky (75m/$20)
• 2 balls Filtes King Super 100% merino (100m/$18) for toque; 1 ball for a cap
• 2 balls Rowan Plaid (100m/$26) for toque; 1 ball for a cap
• 3 balls Dale Ara (50m/$8.50) for toque; 2 balls for a cap
14 sts & 18 rows = 4” in k2, p2 rib
All rows: *
• Cast on 56(60, 64) sts. Join 2 ends into a round and mark join with a stitch marker.
row 1: work in K1, P1 rib for 1 round.
• If you want a fold up toque work for 3”, otherwise continue to next step.
• For a ‘cap’ version, work 29(32, 35) rows in k2, p2 rib.
R2: *K1, P2tog; rep from * to end – 28(30, 32) sts.
R3: *K1, p1; rep from * to end.
R4: *K1, p1; rep from * to end.
R5: *K2tog; rep from * to end – 14(15, 16) sts.
R6: *K2to; rep from * to end – 7(8, 8) sts.
Break off the yarn, leaving a 5” tail. Thread the yarn through the live stitches. Fasten off & weave in ends.
COPYING IS THE SINCEREST FORM OF FLATTERY!
Ok, great gift ideas ..... how about a striped sweater in the very reasonably priced ($11/120m skein) Araucania Nature Wool? the pattern is free online at MagKnits , the striping sequence is easy and it's knit from the top so there's less finishing to do! Size M/L (finished 39" bust) wouls cost $77 - not bad at all! and if you wanted to make it in a solid colour? well, that would be even cheaper!
new magazine - knit.1! joint initiative from vogue & lionbrand in a mini magazine format. i had heard that this was coming, a lionbrand meets rebecca type of thing, and it popped up on my doorstep today!
by the way, i know somebody out there in cyberspace said that the new issue of Interweave was going to be out today, but just 'cause they say so doesn't make it so. After receiving a few anxious calls i put a call in to Interweave and they say it is a little late and that it should be in Canadian stores in about a week. They also said that the release dates stated on their site are for the US market.
Wednesday, November 10, 2004
colours: blue, purple, gold, rust, brown, cream, dark grey, pink, khaki, red, camel.....
the finest quality textiles, all soft: rowan wools, 100% Italian merino wool, alpaca,
Fleece Artist Splendid Sofa Afghan Kits Hand Dyed, textured yarns from Nova Scotia. colours: Purple/pink, Pale blue, Blue/green, amber/brown. At $130 they are a DEAL!
Tuesday, November 09, 2004
Noro book by Jane Ellison
Laines Du Nord book by Jane Ellison
Lavold Books # 3 & 4
Rowan Vintage Style ... (take a peek)
Ready Set Knit
Ready Set Crochet
Hollywood Knits Style
Hooked on Crochet
- new Noro Yarns: Iro, Kureyon, kujaku, kochoran, blossom, silk garden
- new Debbie Bliss Aran Tweed
- new Debbie Bliss Cashmerino superchunky
- new Lana gato Prestige CASHMERE (this is the primo stuff!)
- new Needful Yarns San Bernadino: 9mm, $8 - DEAL!
- new handpainted colours of naturally merino & fur: blue, green, pink/purple
- Fil Crosa Zara Plus in Black & dark Grey
- Fil Crosa Zara in dark Grey
- Needful Extra in Black
- new Lavold Silky Wool
- ► 2013 (20)
- ► 2012 (105)
- ► 2011 (104)
- ► 2010 (150)
- ► 2009 (70)
- ► 2008 (67)
- ► 2007 (66)
- ► 2006 (247)
- ► 2005 (366)
11/07 - 11/14
- http://crochetme.com - new crochet mag
- Giftmas Knit Kits
- Ruffled Bag from KNIT.1
- Throat Holder from KNIT.1
- Flower Power from KNIT.1
- plaid scarf from KNIT.1
- FREE Toque Pattern, eh!
- Preview of SNB2 Patterns
- Gift-Mas: gift ideas .... Striped Sweater
- Magazine News: Knit.1 & Interweave
- New Kits in store
- New In store
- ▼ 11/07 - 11/14 (12)