- one size fits most, 27cm long x 13cm wide; slouchy fit
- to make leglets larger add 4 sts, to make them smaller (kids size) subtract 4 sts.
- if you choose tpo substitute a dense wool (ie. like a lopi, lamb's pride, etc) add 4 stitches
- to make leglets tight work in a K1, P1 rib on a 9mm needle
- knitters experienced with circular needles: about 2 to 2.5 hours
- 8mm/40cm circular needle
- 100m polar weight yarn (photo: 2 balls Lang Sanaibar, 50g/50m, $10 each)
- Crochet Hook (for tucking in ends)
Suggested Yarn Substitutions
2 skeins Twilley's Freedom Wool
(50g/50m, $5.50 each): soft, airy consistency, 100% wool
1 skein Rowan Chunky Print
(100g/100m, $22 each): thick & thin, 100% wool
1 skein Filati Bretagna Donegal (add 4 stitches)
(100g/100m, $15 each): tweed, 100% wool
3 skeins Gedifra Gigante
(50g/30m, $11 each): nubbly consistency, 100% wool
3 skeins Filtes King Keope
(50g/38m, $12.50 each): soft boucle, kid mohair, merino , etc
3 skeins Filtes King Kolibri
(50g/33m, $18 each): soft & fluffy, 100% alpaca
3 skeins Needful SanBernadino
(50g/35m, $8 each): soft & thick, wool blend
2 skeins Stahl Landlord
(50g/50m, $9 each): multicoloured, thick & thin, 100% wool
- Cast on 28 sts
- Row 1: work in K1, p1 rib for 1 row.
- Row 2: work in K2, P2 rib until piece measures 25.5" from cast on edge
- work 1 row in K1, p1 rib.
- cast off in rib
- weave in ends, block if desired. weave in fine elstic thread if desired.
☺ Slouchly Leglets pattern by Haley Waxberg, Knitomatic,