The next step after making scarves is making hats! Hats are fast, easy, and very, very satisfying! With a choice of three stylin’ styles, we'll teach you how to knit in the round, how to knit on double pointed needles (the ones that look like little chopsticks), how to decrease stitches and how to read a pattern. Knowing how to cast on and knit is the only requisite.
- Consists of 2 sessions over 2 weeks.
- $85 + tax (includes materials)
NEW! Swing Jacket with Liane SchwarzSkill Level: intermediate beginnerTuesday Jan 18 & 25 and Feb 1 & 8, 6-8pm all four evenings
This class will help you gain all the necessary skills to make a sweater: sizing, increasing and decreasing, shaping, making buttonholes, picking up stitches for a collar and, finally, putting it all together with the proper seaming and finishing.
- Consists of 4 sessions over 4 weeks
- Basic price $220.+ tax (for materials and Lambs Pride Bulky or Cascade Eco)
- Premium price $290.+tax (for materials and Malabrigo chunky)
Beginner Crochet with Liane SchwarzSkill Level: absolute beginner!Monday Jan 31 & Feb 7, 6-8pm
Crochet is fast, easy and becoming very popular. You'll learn all the basics: how to make a chain, the foundation stitches (single crochet, double crochet, treble crochet, slip stitch), how to crochet in the round, how to read a ball band and a basic crochet pattern. You should be able to make a scarf after this class and, if time and inclination are there, a granny square or a crocheted flower.
- Class consists of 2 sessions over 2 weeks.
- $40 + tax (materials not included,
As always, you can find us at knitomatic.com!