Vogue Knitting Shawls & Wraps $31.95
This book has spring shawl-spiration is spades! It consists of 40 shawl & wrap patterns previously published in Vogue Knitting magazine over the last 10 (or more) years. As you'd expect, there is lots of lace, some easy and some more involved. But it is a real mix of style so there are lots of things in it for everyone. There are bulky yarns, colour work, cables, big wraps, little wraps, high fashion stuff, traditional looks, and lots of women on windswept beaches. Shawls and wraps are one of those ubiquitous projects because you ALWAYS need one to wear to that fancy event and they are such a perfect gift because they always fit and look very impressive.
Some of my particular favourites (keeping in mind that I am not a lacy knitter):
- Reversible Cable Rib Shawl by Lily Chin (Brilliant! She is a smarty pants!
- Medallion Wrap by Norah Gaughan (for those of us too big to wear her fascinating Cabled Bolero that is also made in medallions)
- Trellis Lace Shawl (wow! so worth the work!)
- Pinwheel Shawl by Teva Durham
- Lace Cape by Pierrot (I don't know where i would wear a cape, but it is just so lovely)
- Leaf Lace Shawl (maybe not quite so long)
- Tuck Stitch Wrap
- Eyelet Wrap (perfect for hand dyed yarns!)