Thursday, October 19, 2006

Romantic Style


romantic 3, originally uploaded by knitomatic.

Apparenlt scanners are as tempermental as cameras, but this shrug is one of my favourite patterns from "Romanitc Style" by Jennie Atkinson. The more I look at this book, the more it inspires me. It's pretty, ye-oldee vintage, Lacy McLace. Atkinson is a Rowan designer and the style is concrete, all the pieces are as pretty as a beleaguered princess asleep in a tall tower, no misses. i also really like the home projects (i know i'm in the minorty on this, but i really like making home accessories), think Martha Stewart does doilies. (more riffs on the subject will be posted at frayed at the edges). Softcover.

"Romantic Style" By jennie Atkinson ~ $41.99

1 comment:

Heather said...

That pattern is the one I'm going to buy the book for. I LOVE that shrug. And Kidsilk Haze (and replacements) come in so many colours...
That's my problem now, figuring out what colour.

Blog Archive