Monday, October 04, 2004

Minutes of the snb

Thanks to everyone who came & hung out yesterday! My mom actually came & knitted. And then, at dinner she kept knitting! I have designed an asymmetrical poncho for her and she's really into it.

another twisted knitter's technique has been corrected (not that there's anything wrong with that!). once again i found myself sitting, chatting with people and took a look at what others were working on and said: "hey, that's a nice twisted stitch you've got goin' on there! what ya makin'?" and of course the obligatory response: "what's a twisted stitch? i'm knitting regular." - frown. Don't feel embarrassed if you are a twisted knitter, it can happen to anyone self taught and some people who are taught by poor intructors. i think the only reason i emerged unscathed was because my grandmother was an assiduous perfectionist and she would have pointed it out to me if i'd been doing it. (my bubby was an amazing, warm and generous person, but she was also nervous all the time, much like a small bird. i do not advocate her approach to knitting, especially if you are a beginner; she was constantly ripping work out. if she was 25 yearls old today she'd probably be diagnosed as OCD or GAD (not that there's anything wrong with that! it's just between you and your neuroteransmitters.)

i didn't get any of my UFO's done. Mostly 'cause i don't know where i left off & other, more fun things need to be done. (i was cold so i started making a shawl from some colinette that has been lurking in my stash for years. i think i bought it on sale at romni at the x-mas sale about 5 years ago and it was so nice i was scared to touch it.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hey - I would love to add you to the GTA Knit Blog Ring, but I need you to change the next and previous member id from'1' to the one ring surf provided to you.

If you have any questions, let me know.

lisa

Blog Archive