one of my favorites from this issue, the travel pack!
Tuesday, February 28, 2006
Saturday, February 25, 2006
Wednesday, February 22, 2006
100% merino (3mm)
- KPM 1144 salmon pink
- KPM 2335 acid green
- KPM 2260 violet
- KPPPM Tigers Eye (special colour)
- KPPPM 624 Shrimp
alpaca & silk DK (4mm)
Filtes King Extra 25% off/ $7
100% worsted Merino (5mm)
Filtes King Super 25% off/ $13.50
100% bulky Merino (7mm)
Filtes King Australian Merinos 50% 0ff/ $5
100% DK merino (4mm)
Filtes Kng Extra Stampatos 50% off/ $5
100% worsted Merino (5mm)
Friday, February 17, 2006
from the crafty goodness at the Toronto Craft Alert ...
Clothing Swap Plus
Finally, for some fluffy (yet socially/environmentally conscious) fun, on Saturday Feb. 25 you can participate in the Giant Deluxe Co-Ed Clothing Swap #2 , hosted by Park Gallery (1036 Queen St. West - one block west of Ossington). Girls swap at 5pm and the co-ed swap action begins at 9pm.
Here's the deal: Drop off your so-hard-to-part-with unwanted clothes and accessories at Park. Bring them with you when you come by, or call Julia Burton at 647-999-7494 to arrange drop them off earlier.You can attend the swap even if you haven't donated stuff. It's all Free, and all leftover items will be donated to charity.
What's more, "Our very special Park Fashion Designers will go further and celebratethe event by unveiling their swap creations, modeled in our windowsby our unique Park Fashion Models, renowned for their beauty and flair.Our Co-ed Dj's MADAME hair and Steve Marsh will provide the clothesswapping soundtrack."
Thursday, February 16, 2006
Tuesday, February 14, 2006
1. In Stock New KOIGU. made the trek through the snow and it's here. Replenished KPPM, KPM & Kersti
2. In Stock Recycled Silk (sari silk)
3. Horseshoe Resorts is hosting a knitting getaway with Fiona Ellis in April, check out the info: Pins & Needles (it is posted in the knitomatic yahoo group, so if you are not already a member you can join toronto's online knitting community for free)
3. New stock is on sale all the time and moving fast!
- OnLine sock Yarn: in purple/blue mix or blue/green mix, $4/50g
- Naturally Luxury: DK, 50% mohair & 50% Merino
- Luxury Natal: Aplaca & Silk, 30% off, $7/50g
Friday, February 10, 2006
- Deep Charcoal
- Charcoal Heather
Wildefoote Handpaints (GORGEOUS!)
- Ragtime (reds, oranges, purples)
- Rhapsody (blues, purples, greens)
Special DISCOUNTED Yarns
Thursday, February 09, 2006
Why this is an Olympic Project for me:
- i have a REALLY hard time sticking to one project at a time.
- i have several other projects on the go that i want to work on. how will i restrain myself?
- i have a hard time finishing projects in a timely manner
- i'm learning the Hairpinlace technique for this project, a brand new skill
- this project is not a small one, it involves a lot of hairpin lacing.
- i don't know where i'm going to find the time to this this by the end of the games, but i'm going to do it come hell or high water to prove to anyone who doubts that we all face challenges in life!
so far i've swatched and it's really fun. I'm using Needful Elba in colour 2157 (ochre & rose) and the yarn looks great! it's the perfect appllication for this yarn which is usually really hard to work with. i think i just need a couple of corks to stick on the bottom of the tool's spokes so they don't destroy my jeans and maybe some funky coloured pantyhose to hold the slickery yarn. I've consulted with coach Stitch Diva and she's psyched! I'm going to document it all online and i'll keep it in a file in my Flickr account. see yall later at the Duke!
Tuesday, February 07, 2006
I am writing to let you know about a craft-related e-mail list I'm starting up, and to invite you to send in your submissions and sign up to receive it. I was also wondering if you would be willing to post this message on your yahoo group/mailing list - it would be a great help in getting the word out!
Toronto Craft Alert will be a sporadic mail out that keeps Toronto crafters (and fans of craft) in the loop about craft-related happenings in the city. A submission-driven project, the Alert will also be a means through which you can get the word out about your upcoming studio sale/ stich'n'bitch/ craft fair/gallery show and so on. A companion blog ( http://torontocraftalert
Some things you can expect learn about in a mailout/on the blog:
- Upcoming craft shows (for vendors and shoppers)
- Local craft/DIY-related projects and meetups
- Gallery and museum exhibits of a crafty nature
- Workshops and lectures
- Crafty resources in the city (e.g. hot yarn shops, screenprinting studios, fabric stores, etc.)
- Toronto area businesses and stores that carry local stuff to help you buy local
If you are interested in receiving Toronto Craft Alert mail outs, send an email (w/ "subscribe" in the subject heading) to: email@example.com. You can unsubscribe, no hard feelings, anytime with an "unsubscribe" in the subject line.
Please share the love and pass this on to other crafthounds that you know.
Sunday, February 12, 2006
An eclectic selection of dresses, skirts and unusual vintage garb.
Some designer pieces, textile, jewelry and accessories.
Its going to be a good one
183 Bathurst Street (east side, just north of queen)
downstairs 11am - 6pm.
Wednesday, February 01, 2006
why should you be bound to a book? this box contains 25 patterns on portable, sortable cards. no instructions, but hey, how many illustrations of the knit stitch does a person need? the patterns are groovy, much better than the author's first book. makes a great gift ... for yourself! :-)
'Cause it's hard to start without good resources.
Cozy Crochet Kit:
Makes a great gift or buy it for yourself. All the patterns in this kit are for worsted weight yarn, so all you need to do is pick up the kit & add a ball of yarn in your favorite colour and you're off to the races! Lots of small & larger projects for the beginner or near beginner.
'Cause you keep asking for it and 'cause it rocks!
Stitch It Kit: great for you or to keep the rug rats occupied. All the designs in this kit are friendly for all ages.
Also keep your eyes Peeled for Jenny Hart's Upcoming book this fall!
'cause i know you & your kids (or other peoples kids) & your friends & your friends nieces & nephews like to do all sorts of cool crafts ...
Vintage Paint by Numbers Kits: to decorate your home with vintage charm, give them away, keep the kids occupied on vacation or sell them on e-bay!
- ► 2014 (73)
- ► 2013 (62)
- ► 2012 (104)
- ► 2011 (103)
- ► 2010 (150)
- ► 2009 (70)
- ► 2008 (69)
- ► 2007 (64)
- Knit 1 - inside
- New Knit 1 is in Stock1
- Yarn Harlot on TVO!
- FABLE Alpaca FREE scarf pattern
- FABLE alpaca Free Bobble hat pattern
- FABLE ALPACA cowl pattern
- first pair sox
- On Sale This week: KOIGU, Alpaca, Merino
- Off Topic: clothing swap
- koigu pillow
- Olympic Skirt
- Knitting Olympics
- Knitting Getaway at Horshoe Resort
- In Stock: Brown Sheep
- In Stock: lang Cotton Sock Yarn #0177
- In Stock: Lang Cotton Sock Yarn #0176
- In Stock: Lang Cotton Sock yarn #0179
- In Stock: Lang Cotton Sock Yarn 0181
- In Stock Lana Grossa Cotton Sock Yarn
- InStock - Lana Grossa Soft Cotton Sock Yarns
- In Stock Lana Grossa Cotton Sock Yarns - STRIPEY
- In Stock: Opal Rosehip handpainted
- In Stock: Opal Unis1
- In Stock Opal Unis2
- Olympics: Elba
- Knitting Olympics:
- In Stock : Fleece Artist Soft Mits or Soft Socks K...
- In Stock: Fleece Artist merino socks kits
- off topic ... New Craft List
- off topic, but ... AMAZING VINTAGE SALE!
- In Stock: Knitting to Go
- Knitting to Go Inside
- In Stock: Cozy Crochet Kit
- cozy crochet inside
- In Stock: Stitch It Kit
- stitch it kit inside
- In Stock: Paint by Numbers kit
- inside paint by numbers
- ▼ February (43)
- ► 2005 (366)