Crochet is Your Friend!
Most people don't like to knit in the summer because cotton is hard to work with. Don't give up your craft, just switch over to crochet in the humid weather!
a few reasons why crochet is your friend ....
- Crochet is very affordable; it's perfect with mercerized cotton, which is very reasonably priced, and you do
- Crochet projects don't have to be complicated, they travel well and they work up fast.
- Openwork is very easy in crochet, plus you'll never again be intimidated by crochet finishing instructions in knitting patterns.
- Crochet is hard to learn from a book but easy to learn form a person, and once you understand the basic principles you can do anything!
- Throw in the picture above was my first crochet project ever. It looks like a big, hard project but it's the exact opposite. Its made in squares and then you put the squares together.
and 4 more excellent reasons ....
- Teva Durham's next book will be ALL crochet! Her inspiring knit design book Loop-D-Loop is now available.
- Stitch 'N Bitch Crochet will be available by December 2005.
- The original Stitch Diva Jennifer Hansen's been doing crochet all along
- Intweave press is coming out with 2 bonus magazines this fall, both featuring crochet: Interweave Crochet 2005 and Knitscape
ok, a few more very good reasons...
- Candi Jensen, known for her fabulous crochet books of yummy baby stuff, has some hip little books for adults set to go live in August 2005: Crochet Scarves and Crochet Bags
- Fun & Funky Crochet by Sophie Britten is available in July 2005
- Jane Davis (of Interweave) combines 2 groovy activites in Felted Crochet, coming September 2005
- Kirstin Spurkland is publishing a crochet companion to her first book, Knits from the Heart, Crochet from the Heart in november 2005